Monday, May 19, 2014

mayyn meal - Matilda Bay Restaurant

When the family came to visit for a short period between Christmas and New Year's, we spent our dinners out at fancier restaurants to celebrate. We like good food! Anyway, I finally got to try out Matilda Bay Restaurant this time round so yay!


Great location as we all know it...


The interior is not what I expected but I like it.



Very busy so make sure you book in advance... Service was still pretty good despite the crowd.




Prawns to start were nicely seasoned.


Crispy squid was delicious.



Oysters 3-ways. I am no oysters fan but these were fresh and the flavours were uniquely good.


Very good crispy pork belly. I would return just for that.


Duck was the perfect portion for a lady and perfectly pink.


Lamb cutlets were also of a good standard and cooked medium-rare.



Lemon meringue pie was average.

Overall, we loved our food and felt the price was justifiable. Dessert is a letdown with not much selection either. Given how it is the end to any meal, perhaps they should step it up?

Matilda Bay Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Its such a beautiful location on the river foreshore. I have been meaning to try the dinner menu and your lovely post has convinced me to that.

    ReplyDelete