Tuesday, March 25, 2014

mayyn meal - Mary Street Bakery in Mount Lawley

finally made my way down to Mary Street Bakery in Mount Lawley, one of the more talked-about cafes on the scene for the past year.


right on the corner and distinguishable only by the pink neon lights.


a small menu for the breakfast. I missed out on that pork belly and kimchi banh mi they had sometime last year. darn. wished I knew when they would have that again on the menu.


cool lights


a nice indoor decor of wood and greens. very eco friendly I suppose.



love love love that big plant thing on the wall. so cool.


i had a green juice to start my day while my date had a flat white. I felt the juice was too small and expensive. It tasted great but really wished it was a bigger serving.


I ordered the corn fritters with a poached egg and chilli onion jam. Asian inspired I felt.


The corn fritters were generously sized and pretty good even thought I thought they were a little too brown. The jam was amazing and goes great with the fritters but alittle too oily.
The poached egg was a disappointment because it looked amazing but no runny yolk. 


P had the "pork in a blanket" with fried egg. He thought it was not a bad meal. I tried some and just felt in general, abit overcooked.

my thoughts on this place:
1. missed the mark with the overcooking. just don't think it is as amazing as what everyone says.
2. will i return? perhaps, if i am around and not feeling like going to the merchant or solomon's.

Overall, maybe I would give it a 4.5 or 5. out of 10.

Mary Street Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment