Monday, November 11, 2013

mayyn meal - Tak Chee House, Northbridge

Having seen photos of this place on Instagram, and my many months of craving for chicken rice, I finally met Jeremy for lunch and told him to take me there.


Tucked away in Northbridge, along the sreet where the ever-popular Good Fortune duck restaurant is, lies this unassuming Chinese food place - Tak Chee House.


We called in advance and made a reservation along with the food order of a quarter roast chicken and a quarter steamed chicken. Apparently it gets very busy!


I don't understand why my photos won't upload properly and I can't do anything about it.
Anyway, my review for this place is as follows:

1. Rice was not fragrant enough. But it is not oily.
2. Roast chicken was touch and dry. Not as fragrant as I would like either.
3. Steamed chicken is a saving grace with its juicy and tender meat.


Also ordered a side of their Loh Bak and beancurd. Not the best loh bak I've had in Perth either. I find it abit disappointing in general.


I got these photos off Instagram and how a single serve looks 

Pretty standard fare but nothing to shout about. Won't be returning anytime soon.

Tak Chee House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment