Thursday, November 17, 2011

M's Food Find #75 (ni)

Heyheyhey! Time for some good food (comparing to othe restaurants in Perth).

I managed to squeeze in lunch with a friend at Nobu during my busy break before returning home. I find the lunch menu pretty affordable and good for value.

We both ordered the bento box with black miso cod.


This was very refreshing on the palate.

The sushi were nicely formed.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com

The black cod miso was way smaller than the ala carte one which is understandable but the freshness and taste didnt live up to expectations unfortunately. The tempura prawn salad was yummy but I felt the sauce was too overpowering. Service during lunch is also quick and fussfree and I like the brighter settings.

I went back for a second dinner in the later weeks which turned out to be very disappointing and unlike my first time. Rice served was not japanese rice which is quite sad for a Japanese restaurant of this calibre. And perhaps because Tiger Woods and other golfers had a private function the night before, the quality of food I received was varied and not at all satisfying. Even my 'heavenly' Otoro sashimi slices.

I love Nobu but perhaps, they need to always keep check on their standards. Shouldnt be slipping so quickly eh?

Till my next food find, Mayy xo Nobu Perth on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment