Monday, October 17, 2011

M's Food Find #74

Hello! Time to recover some backlog and more food adventures on the way for you. And me. Here's a Saturday brunch at Toast in East Perth.

It is a beautiful place at the back of some apartments overlooking the river and quite a nice crowd in about 5-6 restaurants/cafe strip. Oh, it is absolutely beautiful and relaxed. I wished I was in the right frame of mind to fully enjoy it but it did help me take a nice short break in the midst of the last couple of weeks to submission.

Toast has inside and outside sittings. We chose inside that day,w ell I did. I think Sam wanted to sit outside. Inside was very homely and cute with white wooden blinds and little knick knacks.

It was about 2ish to 3pm when we went for a late lunch, so relatively quieter but I would reckon it is a busy little place at the right times.

Love the little vessel and big chalkboard.

My fave number!
The menu was very fuss free and quite unique having a little of their own takes on the classic brunches and then some.

You order at the counter filled with so many goodies, I got so distracted! And ordered something wrongly for Sam...oops.

He wanted iced mocha...got him a hot one haha But apparently, their mocha is really good!

I got myself a banana smoothie. Very light and quite bland. Wished it was stronger tasting

Sam ordered the Big Breakfast and the poached eggs were fabulously done even though the others dont look as good and the price was quite steep in my opinion.

I got the crab and dill omelette and was quite disappointed with the presentation. Taste-wise, nothing fantastic really but the crab pieces were fresh.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com

I leave you with the menu photo and knew in my heart I would return only because I am so intrigued and in love with the place. And I wanted to give it another chance to prove itself. Maybe order another dish that caught my attention! Very health conscious place with egg-white omelettes on the menu.

Cant wait to head back!

Till my next food find, Mayy xo Toast on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment