Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Today, Mayy... (Blog Title Change!)

I don't know if anyone noticed BUT the blog title has been changed from Searching for a place called Home to The Life of an Accidental Amateur Academic. A wise person once said the only constant thing in the world is change. I thought hard about my blog's content and how I could aptly title it. Since it really features events of my own life, people I know, things I love. While my job title will always be changing at the age I am, I realised all four most possible future jobs started with the letter 'A'.

In all honesty, I actually thought about this title in the shower when I looked back at how on earth I am actually studying accounting. I don't even know what it was till I actually did the unit Accounting 100. Which is a first year basic accounting unit for all business students in Curtin University. While I am not yet an accountant, nor an auditor, I am doing my honours year and tutoring part time. Job title is Sessional Academic, and being in the academic line does have a certain appeal to me. Unfortunately data collection is not my strong suit and I really am not a fan of it. Give me a month or so to figure that out and I will get back to you on it. ANYWAY, since it is my first year experience, I am qualified for Amatuer status! Accidental came about because all these jobs were fell into place only recently and I really just stumbled my way into it.

When I finally graduate this year end, I would have hoped to have earned a job as an auditor and then I will change the title of this blog again. Or accountant, or go on to pursue my phD, or if I cannot or don't want to do any of the above, I would really liked to experience travelling the world by becoming an air stewardess. See, I told you all four future jobs started with the letter 'A'.

Blogging gives my right brain a creative outlet from the dull mundane left-brain tasks I have to do. Always been one to love the arts and all, but the typical Asian parental guidance and culture pushed me to accept (I don't claim that I love) that sometimes reality is harsh. It does give me food for thought though. Especially when I think about how I want my kids to grow up to think and pursue their interests. Encouraging of whatever they desire, or grilling them that being a certain way is the only path. Well what do YOU think? Whether you are a parent yourself, or your own experience as a kid, or what you think you would want to do as a future parent?

Till the piggy banks, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment