Monday, June 13, 2011

M's Food Find #51

Tony Roma's is internationally well-known. So I am thrilled to have one in Perth as well, and it is sort of my friends' go-to place when they are undecided on dinner or when we want to give ourselves a little treat. Reservations are essential on weekend dinners (Fri to Sun) or they will have you waiting for up to half hour. You can sit around at the bar and look at the menu.

Definitely a place for family or friends dinner and large groups just make the whole place buzz with friendly chatter. So NOT a good place for dates though, in my opinion. I know some people actually never heard of this: it originated from America and their pride is the baby back ribs. Steak is apparently pretty good too. It is located in CBD of Perth, behind Hugo Boss and Nine Mary's. Unmistakable.

Enough with the chitchat, let's get on with the FOOD.

A MUST ORDER, not only on your first time but all the time for us. There is half or full size. It is like onion rings but a tower of goodness.

On a separate occasion, we ordered the prawns entree which is actually quite spicy and sort of like a mini salad. It is nothing to rave about, so stick with potato skins or onion loaf.

After so many lunches and dinners there, a couple of us decided to try their pasta. That is the alfredo chicken one which is alright I suppose. The portions are always so generous here and it is not the best nor the worst I have had.

I ordered the basil chicken vegetable fettucine. I wanted the mahi-mahi version but the waiter made a mistake. OH WELLS. next time. I had also tried their salmon before as fish of the day but I really was NOT impressed. It was cooked too well and too dry. This pasta dish was good though.

We have so many photos of ribs, but this is the most recent one. You can choose two sides to go with your main course. And there are three different versions of ribs. If you can't decide, go for the sampler if you are a big eater. But if not, I recommend the babyback. Simple and good. No fuss. I just wished I could really get off using my fingers to really eat ribs. Which is why sometimes I pass on ordering it. I just could not bring myself to do so since the place is brightly lit, no chance of hiding in the dark. Ha ha ha.

Their mash and colesale sides are good. I see quite a few diners ordering the beef ribs or lamb ribs. Both of which were HUGE and looked pretty spectacular.

Nurun ordered this steak on our most recent trip there. Must have been pretty tender, but she thinks it is too small. Well, at least you can have dessert after that! Very American but perfect to end the night off with a chocolatey brownie or big sundae.

That's Tony Roma's behind us.

One of my first trips down to TR in my first year here.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com

ROAR. We are entitled to our carnivore moments. And Tony Roma's is really one of the places to dig in and cave in to those meat cravings.

Till my next food find, Mayy xo Tony Roma's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment