Monday, June 13, 2011

Mayy's Closet #54

Today has been so blustery and cloudy that I felt sort of down. And it is REALLY cold. Brrrrr. Before I go on to talk about winter days where the sun shines so deceivingly bright but the wind is near unbearable, I had one of my worst nightmares come true today. I locked myself out of my room in my haste to rush out and left my house keys AND car keys in it. AND there was no one home, no spare keys. Oh my god, I am a complete space case. I had managed to make a last minute slot to get something done in the city and just sort ot panicked and wanted to go. Can't believe it. My landlady is just so nice and she came home from wherever she was to open the door for me. And I managed to make my appointments and get my stuff sorted. Phew. It is when you have so much stuff on your mind that you do not think straight and clear.

On days like these when the wind sends chills down your spine and you can feel it in your bones, I find scarves totally helpful. However, being covered every inch of your arms and legs may sometimes still result in you NOT feeling warm.

Here is one classic example of those bright sunny winter days...Then I stepped out of the house to find myself shivering and at the point of no return but to spend the day sort of cold.

My black Roxy embellished long sleeve shirt is from Shanghai, China. Yeah, even in China I had to get a Roxy top. I had a slight obsession then ok. HAHA. White denim skirt and leggings and my fur-trimmed boots. The white scarf, I learnt on that day, was NOT enough to keep me warm. Only those boots managed to keep some part of my body warm. I definitely should have worn another jacket. Maybe I did, but it is two years ago where I actually have time to do my hair in the morning.

Anyway, winter to me is perfect for putting those denim skirts to dual good use. People usually just wear them in summer, but hey! with leggings or stockings... Or without...

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
So this particular outfit did give my knees a really cold time BUT I just finished watching Laguna Beach and Kristen Cavallari wore a similar outfit in the first episode or second. A black turtleneck with denim skirt and Uggs. Granted, I am not wearing Uggs here but whatever. Looking back, I really don't know how I wore that in season and not become a snowman.

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment