Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shoestopper #31

It's been awhile since I last blogged about a pair of footwear! So let's continue on in a similar theme from the previous post. Something for the summer, something simple and pretty. Something to go with the dress, perhaps.

Well, looks like I have just the thing in mind.



Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com


I somehow don't know how to start on my feelings for this pair. There is history here. Okay, it's cliche: I LOVE IT. I love it so much that I bought it twice. First time years back I bought it in m)phosis in Singapore. Unfortunately, I got it wrong and bought it one size a tad too big. I wore it in the beginning until it got too loose and then sis wore it till it ran its course.


So December last year, I came across it again. They started selling it again! So I had to have it. this time in the right size. The sales assistant at m)phosis Plaza Sing started calling every other shop there is on the island to find my size. And finally, there was one in Marina Square and we put a hold on it. I said bye to Mum and Sis, and went off on my own to get it.


The pair is very comfortable, albeit a little too flat. But the slightly soft sole makes up for it. If it was hard like wood, it would have been painful in the long run. The braided straps make for a different twist to other ordinary sandals. What really attracted me to it (besides the braids), is the colour. A very very muted and understated gold with a slight sheen. Simple and elegant.


Till my next shoe-stopping experience, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment