Monday, May 16, 2011

Mayy's Closet #40

I really should be doing some work after taking an 2 hour break since my test. Alright, last post. I think. HAHAHA. Anyway, here is one of my favourite outfits ever. I have worn it twice already, and once a year is enough to grace the public with it. (So you can wear it again the years after and people don't really remember, and the new people you met havent seen it yet)

It doesn't look like anything special. But that is because you haven't seen the skirt in reality, and the simple black top. Sometimes, it is really just about the simple things.
The skirt is from Mummy's closet but it has since became mine when I started a 2 week job in a secondary school (about 4 years back) and needed more demure clothes. I don't know where she got it. But I love the gold/black prints. The red and blue flowers really do make it look a bit more Japanese/Javanese inspired. The top bit of the skirt folds down and there are 4 strings attached for you to hold the skirt securely in place. No zips or anything.The material is quite stiff and feels abit papery. I just like its uniqueness.

The black stretchy top with 3/4 sleeves is from Dotti here. The material is baby smooth and soft. I could not take a photo but the back is a scoop neck like the front. So quite like a ballerina's leotard. Sexy back. HAHA. It is just very feminine.


Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com


You can wear a black teeshirt or a plain white teeshirt which I have done before. Or racerbacks in summer. A white top gives it a different sort of feel, brighter I guess. I wore it with red/white heels before. Or normal ballet flats and sandals are the usual. A white pointed pair of pumps for a more formal look. Scarves or a long necklace for accessories. Pile on the black rubber bracelets or a big wooden bangle. You know what you have to do. ;)


Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment