Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mayy loves Desserts!

I keep thinking how am I ever going to properly categorize these photos. Then, it hit me today. Desserts. As simple as that. I love desserts. I have one of the sweetest tooth around. I know, shocking. NOT. On most days when I don't get salt cravings, I am happy to settle for any kind of desserts. I may not be hungry or I may be stuffed and bloated, I can always still eat a dessert. It is like I have two separate stomachs! Maybe it is because most desserts are so pretty to look at too... It is a girl thing but then again, find me a man who loves desserts as much as I do please.

Anyway, for Mother's Day, if Mum thinks flowers are frivolous or it isn't her thing, maybe chocolates? Or cakes. If she has a thing for sweets. And if you can't make up your mind, get both. Why not?

Or this cake from Bakerzin! Edible flowers on a really good chocolate cake. It is not too big. But the flavours pack a punch.

Or a similar one from New York New York. Without the flowers. Just a really dark chocolate, and maybe a little rum? I can't remember but it sure was good. A tad dry.

However, Bakerzin's one is much better. More moist.

I cannot remember where I got this. Am thinking it's from an italian restaurant in Bukit Timah, Singapore. Chocolate truffle cake. Need I say more? The chocolate wall is divine.

Gobi always makes for pretty packaging and cakes. Sure to make your mummy smile.

They are all good. The white chocolate one a tad too sweet but I like the milkiness of it.

I told you they were pretty. Too tiny for the flavours to really settle in my mouth. But hey, a good marketing strategy. I am going to head back for more.




Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com



From Goodwood Park Hotel bakery. I remember the tastes well. The green cake was abit of a mystery, not so good at that. Lime perhaps, I remember a zest there. The baby macaron was good, it did melt in my mouth. Raspberry if I recall right. Something quite different.



So Sweets YAY! or no thank you, not for you? Well, I don't see an end to this blog chapter. Hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment