Sunday, April 10, 2011

M's Food Find #35

Koko black is the whole point of our visit to Claremont Quarters yesterday. Also, it was my first time there. The place looks good, shops looking as brand spanking new as Singapore's malls. I was really quite excited then I realised nothing was open for business. So I could ony peer through the glass windows. It is situated right inside the mall, and opened till really late like 11pm on weekends. I spied a burger place outside and am devastated I could not get me some burgers. Sighs. Who wants to drive down with me again to get burgers? Hahahaha.

That's the glass of iced chocolate. I had the hot chocolate and am thankful I ordered that because in my opinion, it is alot less sinful and a whole lot better. Maybe because I was not feeling very warm in the cold wind.



Anna and I ordered the Queen of hearts tier. I was looking forward to some real sweet stuff. Alas, I was sorely disappointed. Maybe because I had dinner, but the savoury sandwiches and quiches were not what I wanted even though they were good. Love toasties!



Lamington was alright, the chocolate slice was too small, the panna cotta was lovely with amazing vanilla beans, the lemon tart TOO SOUR, the creme brulee tart yummy.



That's the belgian spoil for two and is really quite pathetic because ONE girl can finish that. I would say we were all looking forward to yummy pretty things. While the place certainly looks adorable, the desserts did not meet our expectations. Maybe they were too high and we felt a little let down. I would say for us living on this side of the river, San Churros offer you the hot and iced chocolate just as well, and Jean Pierre in the city kicks Koko Black's ass any other day.


Here are more photos for you from the night:


Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com, Anna Lee, Lijia Yeow


Till my next food find, Mayy xo

Koko Black on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment