Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mayy's Craving For...KFC The Double

Ever since I saw Tina's facebook upload of her devouring The Double Mantime special from KFC, I knew I had to try it. I spoke to a few friends about it, and they absolutely love it. Targeted at men, it's nicknamed: It's Mantime! So finally after weeks of keeping the craving at bay, I caved in and drove down to KFC nearby with my housemate Joy. We ordered identical sets. So excited! With regular fries and water. No soft drinks. Because the calories are already stacking up. No need sugar. And get ready for....

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com


TA DAH! Doesn't it look delicious! And a little sickening all at the same time? So what does The Double consist of? This particular one is a special order. Standard: 2 Zinger chicken fillets as the 'burger buns'. 2 bacon rashers with melted cheese. And I added an extra hash brown (Tina's inspiration). I was given feedback to go for the Zinger fillets as they are jucier than the normal ones. I totally agree.


The chicken fillet were tender and juicy and crispy on the outside. The bacon rashers were cooked to perfection, tender and not burnt crisp. Melted cheese and hash brown go well together. It is amazing. Yums. I finished this all with my chips too. Such a pig. Guess it is worth it for a whole day's worth of meals!


A little upset that the promotion is ending in about a week's time if I am not wrong. So if you haven't tried this, well, life is for the living. C'est la vie and GO NOW. Don't say I didn't tell you.


My tummy is groaning in delight.


Till my next craving satisfied, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment