Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mayy's Closet #27

I am totally procrastinating again and suffering from inner combustion. Anyway, let's blog about time where I feel truly confident and happy and stress-free. I was wearing a dress from Forever New I got in Harbourtown. It costs me AUD19.95 (or was it AUD29.95? They were having a one-day special for the dress) and I even went ahead and bought the belt with it which costs almost the same amount. I got it for another friend in Singapore who loves it. It is her birthday today, and I gave it to her months ago. HAPPY BIRTHDAY XIN HUI and of course, APRIE too! The material is sheer but very very heavy. It gives me a very mature look, but I still like the sweet yet corporate edge. It is part of my personality. I like the draping and curves. The embellished neckline. The three quarters sleeves. You have to pin the front up because well, one should not show too much. I figured the dress will not look good with leaving my hair down. A low bun to up its classiness. I wore it to Burswood for a buffet. While it brought me stares, I thought it was not the best dress for a buffet if you know what I mean. Hahaha.

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com


That's my favourite photo of the night. Not to be narcissistic or egoistical. After all, I grew up with so many insecurities. I still see myself as if I was 12. Let's not go there.


Anyhow, love the slight shimmer. Understated elegance.


Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment