Friday, April 1, 2011

Mayy loves all things Roxy!

Well, this obsession really started when I was in secondary school and it was all about the cool factor. I guess, I really liked the word and the pretty heart shape logo and the hot bodies of those surfer chicks. My friends would say i identified myself with the Roxy girl. To this day, I am still partial to the brand when I am shopping for swimwear or in the many surfshops around. However, I find that the brand's quality has been slipping of late and the astronomical prices they charge for that lousy cotton quality hardly validates my argument. Nevertheless, let's take a trip down memory lane with some of the items I owned...key word: some. That's the metal bottle I used in secondary school and somehow managed to lose it in a tution class. I remembered being completely devastated.

A pink pineapple velcro wallet which I still have and bring around when I go on holidays. I like the rainbow threadlines. The material is also very unique, soft and silky and just different. I remembered a classmate having the blue version...



That's the loooong pencil case I bring around in junior college. I managed to squeeze alot of junk in it and it does add quite a bit of weight to my bag. Ahhh, just to be 'cool'. Nooooo, I didn't get this boost mobile. I just Googled it and kept it in my photobank after all these years. But it would have been quite the ultimate Roxy thing to have, don't you agree?



This pink wallet was purchased in Bangkok. I used to buy something Roxy in every country I visited, or rather any holiday I went on. I still have it and I really liked the zipper part and design of this wallet purse. In fact, i don't think I have given away any one of my Roxy wallets?



A set of Roxy earrings, enough said. And no, I haven't quite learned how to use the macro function of a camera.



A water bottle I got and eventually had to return to exchange for something else because this bottle leaks no matter what! Sighs. I did like it though.



Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com


Now, that was not something I would have bought but the family went on a Bali trip without me and got this for free when they bought bulk in the store. So I had used it for the past couple of years to store my electrical stuff like camera usb etc.


Do you have a brand obsession that begun since you were an impressionable youth?

No comments:

Post a Comment