Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shoestopper #22

Enough with Rubi flats and sandals! Let's elevate ourselves for the weekend and put on a pair of heels for that nice weekend dinner.

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
Not exactly the pair I will be putting on tonight, but I will be wearing a blue dress. Anyhow, this pair of robin-egg blue slingbacks was purchased quite a long while back in Bangkok and I really liked the shoebox and brand: Princess!

Now there is a trend here with my shoe collection. I am usually regretting my slingback heels purchases because I can NEVER wear slingbacks properly! Sighs. Pity as some are really pretty. The back part ALWAYS slips off. But I know friends and cousins who don't get that problem. I guess it is just the arch of my feet and perhaps the way I walk. I have tried all sorts of methods and they haven't yet worked.

I bought this pair because I really liked the colour combination, tiffany blue and gold. It does give this sense of royalty with it. I am not a fan of the green soles but no one can see it when I wear! Except they peel off, so it got to the point where they are no longer really wearable. The heels of this particular pair is also not that high, at about 2inches? It is quite comfortable but the quality is all that good. Also, if you wear it too long, the peeptoes friction will cause blisters. Ouch.

Now, I am searching for that colour combination in another pair of shoes. Hopefully I do find it one of these days! Anyway, what are YOUR thoughts on slingbacks? Yay or nay?

Till my next shoe-stopping experience, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment