Friday, March 4, 2011

Shoestopper #17

Ahhh, very very stressed after the first week of uni had come and gone. So much to do and "Toto, we ain't in Kansas anymore". It's a whole new ball game this time, not the kind of studying I could do for undergrad. However, I am very lucky to have a bunch of others doing the honours program as well. And that, we actually don't mind each other at this stage...

I thought I would do abit of de-stressing for the night by posting about a pair of my favourite stilettos. I also wore this recently for my first teaching day. Jeremy said he could not believe I actually dressed up for teaching. But hey, first impressions count. And if you don't look it, fake it till you make it. Which I totally need at this point. HEH.

Yet another pair of Zara stilettos, I know. My obsession and fascination will never cease. I mean they are not ridiculously expensive...Okay, take that back for abit. I mean they look great and are really quite comfortable for stilettos this high.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
I bought this pair from Zara in Venetian Macau Hotel during a trip there. I love Macau, especially the Venetian. So I am glad I got this pair sort of as a souvenir. I practically had to be real nice to Daddy for it, since Mummy thought it frivolous and unpractical. Little did she knew, this was one of the most practical purchases I ever made.

The colour grey ensured I could wear it anywhere, for corporate events or dressing down days. And it goes with anything really. It also meant less maintenance as dirt do not really show up on it. You would thought the suede will be high maintenance but it really isn't so bad. In fact, the leather soles took a while to break in and now its all good. Zara shoes are just well made, and very steady when you walk in them. Another thing I liked is the little cutout details all around, breaks up the monotony and not seem too dull or strict.

So how do you like shoestopper #17? I've got quite a few compliments on it so far (like a proud mama). Do you have any pair you have broken into well and you know it will never fail you?

Till my next shoe-stopping experience, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment