Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shoestopper #16

Starting the month with a shoestopper post, I decided to blog about the pair I wore yesterday to kickstart my new year in university. Since it was still an unbearably hot day out given the heatwave Perth is still experiencing at the moment, I decided on a casual outfit, maxidress and sandals. Casual yet a little bit of effort. My most casual will be obviously a short dress and havaianas but I thought the first day of school deserved better.

Without further ado, I chose this pair of Rubi sandals to reign in the year for me.

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
I bought this pair in Rubi Harbourtown Nov/Dec 2010. I was too lazy to take off my shoes to try so I got Shiyu who has the same size feet to put her feet in to test the length and I just bought it. For only AUD10, I think it is well worth it. I usually wear a size 38 for Rubi shoes, but turns out size 37 fits me for sandals. Hmmmmm, maybe because it is not enclosed?

Anyway what do I like about this pair? Easy. It's the colour - gold being one of my favourite colours. Just goes well with almost all that I have in my wardrobe. As well as the understated studs which reallly toughen up the look a little. Not too girly so it does not narrow down the outfit choices. Not too hardcore so it does not narrow down the girly choices. It's just my personality, I guess. Not overly girly but I still like the pretty stuff.

It is a tad too flat for some, and too hard soled for some, which are both very very true except it does not affect me. But for me, I always choose looks over comfort. I also don't think it is uncomfortable. It is wearable and I can walk in it. Guess, I ain't too fussy about the soles. I initially thought it will be difficult to wear given the non-stretchy straps but I managed to squeeze my feet in without having to undo the buckles. I know how that can be so annoying and it sometimes even stops girls from buying a pair of shoes! Right, girlfriends?

Nevertheless, I love it because of its versatility. That's more than enough for me! So what did you choose to wear for your first day of school? Do you make an effort to dress up or is it an occasion you dread and wish you could turn up in your peejays? Have a great academic year everyone!

Till my next shoe-stopping experience, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment