Sunday, March 13, 2011

M's Food Find #27

Yet another food post, more shoes later. I havent been doing many food posts lately because I am now back in Perth which honestly is NOT the best place for food around. But with Jeremy and Sam and Steven, they may just introduce better places here eh? Like this one I am going to post on right now! Japanese food never fails to satisfy me and I will not really rest till I find somewhere good in Perth. Till now, it is safe to say I have NOT found one.

This place is called Kanta at 2/76 Langford Avenue in Langford. Some of them were raving on and on about this and how authentic it is. Well guys, it ain't all that good in my humble opinion. Maybe because I have been spoilt rotten in Singapore, even with Sushi Tei. Nevertheless, this place is really quaint and small. Japanese cooks and owners managing it, there is a certain level then.

That is the 'fresh' sashimi they were talking about. So I had to order it to taste for myself. Very disappointed when I asked if they had salmon belly and they told me no. Bad mark already for me. Just looking at the colours itself, I already am NOT impressed. That slice of lemon also presented the view that there is something not quite authentic going on here...

At this point, I saw this guy ordering the Salmon Don which is like Chirashi except just salmon sashimi and salmon roe on top of sushi rice. Now, THAT looks good. I can only tell you next time when I head down to try it!

This is my order for the lunch. Grilled duck with rice. The sauce was very good and I like the beansprouts and mushrooms underneath the duck. The duck was well marinated and has a nice chewy touch. Not something I will drive all the way down for, but yeah am glad to have tried that. Pretty different since we don't really see ducks featured on a Japanese menu.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
Now THIS is the beef fillet the guys ordered and were also raving about. I can't tell you personally how good it is, but from what I can see, it is very very very tender and cuts very well. I know that is apparently also a mark of good beef. The sauce looks good too and the smell was really good when they set it down next to Jeremy.

Perhaps that is the reason you find to visit this little place. If you are running out of places in Perth to go to, well this is one new thing for you! However, maybe it is just me because on facebook I saw a friend checking in at Kanta the day after. Hope you are having a good weekend!

Till my next food find, Mayy xo

Kanta Japanese Kitchen and Sushi Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment