Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mayy's Closet #9

I just came back from dinner out with Shiyu, Nurun and Li Jia. We didn't have the best food and alot of the hilarious conversations we had were in the car going to and fro! Nevertheless, it is always nice to head out with a few girlfriends and be able to dress up for it... So before I blog about the food, here's a closet post for outfit of the night!

I was looking through my wardrobe and it took me quite a while to decide what to wear. I was being insanely picky of course and I was leaning towards wearing something new. Hence I settled for this maxidress and broke my own stereotype that this is a day dress!

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
I bought this dress last year at a closing down sale for Suite Boutique in Harbourtown (it has since been replaced by ChicaBooti). Everything in the shop was AUD10! I couldn't really believe it but when I asked and it was, I had to get it. I could wear flats with it and not sweep the floor. But for dinner tonight, I decided on wedges. The material was light and comfortable. I really liked the wood beadings. Pile on a heap of bangles and I am ready to go.

Because it is such a cold windy night out and I only wore it for less than 3 hours, I can wear it again tomorrow during the day and it will be fine! There we go, I found another day to night dresses! Just bring a change of shoes and accessories. A bigger shopper tote in the day with maybe a cardigan, a small clutch for the night and slap on some glitter eyeshadow and you are ready for your dinner date! I wore my hair down here but I can totally see me bunning the hair in an updo sitting atop ala Lauren Conrad on the cover of her Style book and putting on a pair of big shades. A good look for a day at the Sunday fair/markets. Sunday brunch with the girls. Early dinner with your special one.

It always makes me happy when I wear something nice AND new. Does it do the same for you?

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment