Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mayy's Closet #5

In keeping with the summer theme from previous posts, I will be blogging on a summer staple in a girl's wardrobe: a summer dress made out of light material and in a pretty happy colour. Having grown up in Singapore where it is sunny most of the time, it comes as no surprise that my wardrobe is usually made up of short dresses in the lightest materials or made out of lesser cloth. I also tend to keep buying them because there is just so many varieties and patterns and designs. They never seem to end and I can't seem to stop. Oops.

This particular one, or two here is from Supre. They do have some amazing sales and thats when I really buy from there. I find that their original pricetags often don't match most of the quality of the clothes.

That's sort of pink/nude/orange palette of colours mixed to come up with it. I like how simple it is. It is a really fast alternative when you are late and you want to keep your cool still. The one colour block is really just the base for you to play around with the colour matching in terms of shoes and bags and accessories. I have chosen to go for blue with the bangles and the wedges.

So another reason to love this dress? It can be worn TWO ways! As a halter which I have shown in the first photo and strapless/tube in the second here. Depending on your preference, mood, whether you want a tan line or hate having something there at your neck.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
I like it so much that I have it in a purple colour too. Accessorized with a yellow bangle and gold sequinned flats. There really are endless possibilities to dress the dress up! And you know why I feel no guilt? That is because they each only cost me AUD2.50 in Supre's sale last November/December. SO WORTH IT. After wearing it countless times since I first wore it in February this year, it is time to bring them home to Singapore where there are no seasonal change and I won't ever have to retire it.

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment