Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mayy's Closet #2

Waking up early in the morning, and basically it was go go go from that point on. What should a girl wear for a whole day out, rushing around and sitting around trying to clarify theories? Take into account the crazyhot sun out, and the potential of cold aircon or cold night wind...

For me, I decided on one of my knitted long tops/dress. I wore it as a dress yesterday, and with comfy flats to zoom around in.

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
I bought it before winter last year at Temt in Harbourtown so I spent most of the time pairing this with black leggings or coloured leggings with boots and a tartan printscarf. Going for a more relaxed rock chic look. I soon realised it is actually long enough to wear on its own! So I didn't retire it when the warmer weather rolled around.

It is not so tight that I cannot breathe and not overly large that it looks like Shakespeare peejays. I lovelovelove batwings/butterfly sleeves for the comfort and convenience (no need to maintain underarms haha). Long enough to not cross into slutty zone, short enough to allow some airflow. Black is also like a blank canvas where you can pair all sorts of colours. I just pile on bangles, OR wear a long necklace, OR big hoop earrings depending on the mood. Although I think big hoop earrings should be worn for night with stilettos. A party dress to be comfortable in, no need for spanx and u can pig out at dinner beforehand. Pile on the eyeliner to rock it out!

It is now filed under my casual everyday dresses section in my closet. I like that section because it is my go-to section whenever I need a quick fix or I am too lazy. Do you have such a section in your wardrobe? Or do you colourcode your wardrobe?!

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment