Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mayy's Closet #11

In keeping with the previous two posts about tie-dye and wedges, here's a recent outfit I wore on Friday for a day in uni.

I knew it was going to be sweltering so I thought I would wear a pair of shorts. I only really have 4 pairs of denim shorts in my wardrobe, 2 here and 2 in Singapore. I don't wear them often because I also can't find many that fit me. This particular cuffed denim shorts is from Dotti and were on sale in Harbourtown. It was during a shopping trip there in Dec 2010 with Charlene and she bought one too. I have been wearing this pair quite abit since I came back. That is quite extraordinary because I could go a whole summer or a year in Singapore without wearing denim shorts! The denim material for this one is actually really really thick and I like the dark denim.

I didn't want to wear flats or sandals that day as I just felt like something different, Hence, the wedges. I thought I look pretty good. Does lengthen my legs and not make me look short and stubby...

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
That is the top I have chosen to wear for the day. Now, this top is from Australia. It is from the brand Jeanswest and I got it in Melbourne about 5 years ago. I was alot younger then, and really liked this top (trying to act adult). After much convincing, Mummy got it for me. It wasn't cheap either from what I can recall. I wore it once for Chinese New Year and didn't wear it out again till Friday, March 2011. Yes, it set in my wardrobe for that long, shuttled in and out of Singapore but I never really got round to wearing it. I just thought it made me look fat. Maybe it still does but the time was right I guess. I did try it on for a few times but ended up storing back into the wardrobe, never making past the front door. But it finally got its turn!

I just really liked the tie-dye pink colour and the sequinned designs. Abit indian inspired I would say. Which suits me just fine, pile on the indian bangles! It is also made out of a really light and silky smooth material. So yay to finding a new (?) comfortable top in my closet, without having to spend money recently. Haha. Do you know it is also long enough to cover my ass and I can wear leggings with it? Yeah, well when I lose a few stones, I will. Until then, its pairing with denim shorts. I think I used to pair it with jeans or skirts which did nothing but to emphasize my hips further as this top kinda does already...

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment