Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mayy's Closet #10

I can't believe it is only the tenth post of my closet segment. Nevertheless, I shall make it a celebration of sorts with one of my favourite outfits that I have grown to love and own when I came to Perth. It is the bohemian tie-dyed maxiskirt I got from Jeanswest two years ago in Harbourtown. I remembered first trying them on and going, goodness that looks good and I really like it! Then I put on the second colour and fell in love more. I got abit upset because I didn't know which colour to get then. Just standing in front of the fitting room's mirror and asking Anna HOW?! Then, the salesgirl came and said oh that looks really good on you! And I was all thanks but I don't know which colour to get. To which she replied, well one is for AUD 19.95, but if you get two, it is two for AUD20. AND I WENT OKAYYY, thank you, solves all my problems. I got both! Who wouldn't?!

So here is a recent shot of me wearing the brown one which I have kept here in Perth. I usually pair it with a black plain fitted tee. As you can tell, a black racerback tee works too. The top here is from Temt and it cost me AUD9.95 from Harbourtown. It has a studded firework design down the front which is something different and less boring. Also, it is a top long enough to be a tank dress for a really skinny person! I just shortened it here with some cringes.


I like how the look is very relaxed and covers alot of my least favourite parts of the body, yet I can keep cool in the heat. It is also quite slimming I feel on my hips. I hope. I brought this maxiskirt here to Florence with me too. We went shopping and got me my first Ferragamo Varinas in it. Always a momentuous experience. Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com


That's the mint green colour-ed maxiskirt. Completely the same, just different colour. It is a slightly more cheery colour so I was able to match it with black, brown, white teeshirts.


Even with the Ripcurl butterfly tee featured in Prints Two, for a more feminine and girly look. I have since brought this one back to Singapore and gifted it to my cousin Clara who I trust will love it as much or more than I did. I must learn to be less of a hoarder! Anyhow, with basic plain-coloured tees, you can dress it up with layering of long necklaces. A pair of sandals of ballet pumps and you are off to colour the world!


Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment