Thursday, February 10, 2011

M's Food Find #18

I have been ill for the past couple of days, and only saw the doctor today. Cough cough, throws up phelgm. Anyway, I can't eat much good food obviously and had not much of an appetite.

However, I do know I have ALOT of cravings, most of them unhealthy and not fit for my current condition. Here's one of them: Japanese Katsu Curry.

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
This curry rice version is without doubt, one of the best I have ever eaten. For the first time, I didn't feel as if it came out of a generic packet. I felt like the chef actually made this and put thought into it. And it is from Shokudo at Bugis Junction.

The curry came in a separate bowl which is really how the Japanese do it. I like how the curry had big pieces of potatos and carrots which all tasted fresh, crunchy and slightly mushy. The curry flavour was not overpowering and had a hint of hotness.

The Katsu piece arrived over a bed of salad which is a really good contrast to the fried food. The katsu was not oily though. The rice itself was clearly sticky and yummy. Japanese rice.

My favourite part of the entire dish was the egg omelette over the rice. It was slightly runny still and so light! Fluffy is the word I would use here. Doesn't have that sickening overly fried taste. I could eat it over and over again. I don't know how else I can emphasize how good the omelette is. The photo quality is not the best, but you can still tell the omelette is done perfectly.

Maybe it is because Mum and I were the first to arrive for lunch and chef had time. But that was really good. Made my entire trip back worthwhile.

Till my next food find, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment