Monday, February 7, 2011

M's Food Find #17

YES! More food, and just you guys wait for that massive post at the end of all this. I am making up for lost time I guess for the past couple of days. And also, it is Chinese New Year, the season of gaining weight and eating. =D

I met Nicole the other day at ION orchard and we went a wee bit mad with Accessorize 70% sale. i finally got my sequinned beret and she bought me er, something cute. Haha. We also spent some time looking for food in ION and settled for some taiwanese cafe at the basements, Lu Gang Xiao Zhen, a subset of the asian kitchen.



I wasn't too hungry so I ordered the bowl of pork rice. It looked really good on the menu! I knew it was going to be small and at the price of $5.50 (I think?), I thought that's alright. But it actually IS small small.

It sure did NOT look a thing like the photo they had in the menu. It was more minced pork and alot more rice. You just cannot be fussy with this. I wished it was slightly bigger and abit more meat pieces instead of minced.
I finished this with a cup of pearl milk tea. I sure miss KOI bubble tea! Haven't ahd a chance to get myself that yet! =((((( I just like their bubbled/pearls.

Anyway, I was not satisfied after my lunch and we went in search for a dessert to end it all on a high note. Nicole suggested this and I nodded my head in agreement. I tried this one quite a while back on one of my earlier trips back. I just love azuki beans!

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com (nokia phone again...)
I like how this stall is VERY generous in stuffing their fishes with fillings. And the skin is so crunchy and light. Awesome. I love how they serve it to me warm/hot. And their azuki filling is not too sweet. OOOOOO now I want one. Hahaha. This one is the closest I have found to the ones I had in Japan when I was there.
Till my next food find, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment