Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mayy's 1st Biz Class Flight

A special blog post to record my very FIRST BUSINESS CLASS flight! I was so excited when I did the upgrade online with the redemption of my points. I did it in hope that my heavy baggage goes through and it really did. Phew. It almost didnt but on my second try, I met one of the regular SIA angels. I have come across so many SIA angels ever since I started my journeys back and forth. I am just lucky to have another one that morning.

Usually, we checked in and head to food court for brekkie. But Dad had HIS first bizclass flight in January and found out about the SilverKris Lounge's buffet. So we walked around reluctantly for a wee bit before hugging my family outside the departure gates. Always had to hold back tears. Sighs. I am just very attached to my family.

Found my way to the lounge and walked there all big-eyed and excited. It was up the escalator (Terminal 3) to the left after customs, at La Perla. And walk more past rows of other lounges and to the back. It is a hidden haven.

After having the staff checked the boarding pass, I walked through and was greeted with that panel. In such an early hour of the morning, to have that serene feeling and atmosphere and music play in the lounge was very calming.


I went straight in search of food. I was a wee bit hungry. And I was a little shy on taking photos. All the business people and rich people. Eeks. So yeah, the spread was pretty good! With congee, mini pancakes, chee kweh, siew mai, cereal, lontong, and a whole lot more. Yums. I was a bit sad too so I didn't eat much.

After breakfast, I went to the restroom and it was spick and span. I really really like the whole colour scheme going on for the SIA Business Class which continues even onto the plane. Liking the panel mirrors above. Alot, would like to have it in my dream walk-in wardrobe. ;)

They even have like a row of shower rooms in the restroom. Would you just LOOK AT THAT. Not the best photo, but luxury to be able to shower in this well-stocked bathroom for a layover eh? I know I want to. Next time, Imma going to wear peejays and shower here. KIDDING.

After the restroom, I sat around on one of the comfy chairs and attempt to take a photo to justify the big space they used. But no, to no avail. I mean they had big screen tvs, all sorts of magazines to keep you entertained. Wow. And it's all so quiet and calm and a little intimidating.


That's me leaving the SilverKris Lounge since it's time for boarding... I walked all the way to the gate which was pretty far, I misjudged. And being BizClass, they alr boarded so I just went right through. And instead of gate B, it's gate A today!

The empty seats that greeted me. I was a little excited thinking I was going to have both seats to myself. But the neighbour rocked up just before gate closed. Sighs. But I got the aisle seat which I checked in for. That is because of my tiny bladder. I go to the toilet alot.

You walk past it everytime you deplane, and it really is as comfortable as it looks. Wow.

That's my bigger screen telly to watch movies on. Comes with these really good headphones that just blocks out everything else. I do mean everything. I can't even hear the air stewardesses and stewards! I like how organised everything was. All the little shelves to put away stuff, so my kinda thing. Even with the middle armrest, there was storage space. For ipods, phones, laptops...

A little bit of champagne to get me started, kicking back with Harper's Bazaar.

That's entree, YUMS. I can't eat the beef one though. So it was pushed to the far side. I like that the peanut sauce was chunky and the meat was tender! Cucumber refreshing and onions burn. Just the way I like my satays. I prefer red onions though and more cucumber... Perhaps a short meat stack as well, but a couple more sticks?

Thats the control panel for the seat. Yes, recline all the way. Wow. If only I had that on the flights I want to sleep on. It sure felt super good.

That's the salad! Yu Sheng, HUAT AH. So I lao myself all the way high up in the sky. They even laid a table cloth across the traytable. Nice work. I like that touch alot.

The stewards and stewardesses also came round with the bread basket with all kinds of bread! Wow. I had a garlic bread. It was alright. But I was distracted with the movie I was watching...

Main course came round and it was the option I chose online while I did my upgrade. Slipper lobster thermidor. Asparagus was really soft, the rice was well rice, lobster was chewy and came with a pretty good sauce. I like the squishy tomato! Overall, its an experience I wouldn't mind having again. But I am going for the risotto or something else if I am on another bizclass flight.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
Time for dessert! Stewardess came by with two bowls: Would you like the mango sorbet or the Ben and Jerry's? er, OF COURSE THE B&J's! Super yum. I like that they didnt serve it to you in that tub. How nice. With sauce and nuts too. Just wow. And they came by with the chocolate truffle tray. Okayyyy, took the white one. Then they came back again and the really nice steward smiled and said just take more. Hahaha! I really liked the steward. He was all smiles and just had this kind look about him.

And there ends my culinary experience in the air. I really like the whole experience and one can only be so lucky to do it over and over again. Wow. There is really nothing else like Singapore Airlines. Really proud of the fact that Singapore achieved all that.

Till my next biz class flight (not for a while more), Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment