Wednesday, January 19, 2011

M's Food Find #6

I remember this food place well. I went there with Mummy last year, and only just manage to head back there today. I had a really long day at Raffles Medical@Raffles Hospital doing my medical health checkup for my visa application. Lunch was thus late today, but my craving for McSpicy overpowered that for soya sauce chicken. Mum and I then revisited the chicken place to pack dinner for tonight.

One of the best soya sauce chicken in town at Chiew Kee Noodle House at 32 Upper Cross Street. Opposite Chinatown Point! If you still can't figure it out, it's in CHINATOWN.

The first time I ate there, I ordered the horfun and Mummy had the mee. We ordered the wing part of the chicken to share. The chicken meat was succulent and tender. The sauce was sweet and fragrant. It went very well with my soft and smooth horfun. Wish they had the 'lu dan' (egg) to go with it all. Heh heh.

We ordered rice to go with our chicken today. Ordered half a chicken! but split it and gave it to my aunt who works nearby at the Dragon Brand Bird's Nest shop (I LOVE LOVE LOVE BIRD'S NEST). Dinner finally came round after my daily workout (huff and puff). The rice was unfortunately not the best chicken rice I have tasted. It is rather bland. But I think it works well as it allows their chicken and sauce to shine through. It makes for a good pairing. Too much chicken meat today had Mummy and I struggling to finish it all. But we did eventually. Haha, too good eh. We had the drumstick half today. Comparing the wing and the drumstick, I would suggest you to try the wing part. Juicier and more tender.

So when you are in Chinatown, make sure you drop by this unassuming shop with whitetiled walls and chickens hanging in the shopfront. Or go down to Chinatown to treat yourself to some good soya sauce chicken with horfun or mee I say. YUMS!

Till my next food find, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment