Friday, January 7, 2011

M's Food Find #3

Hello, it's been a week into the new year. How have you been celebrating/up to? I'm slowly regaining my energy and going out more. Today, I met Marsha in town. My first proper day out in Orchard. Nice huh, what with all the red sale signs tempting me. I am ashamed to say I caved in at Cotton On Body, Cotton On, La Senza, and Bershka.

We girls gave up on our idea of having lunch at PS Cafe in Palais Renaissance. I haven't tried but Marsha had. So comfortable in ION coolness, we settled for xiao long baos and la mian at the new Paradise Dynasty. (ION Orchard, #04-12A) It was not a really long wait so that's good. The staff said about 15 minutes but it was only really 5. We ended up on a table for four so we had places to put our shopping. I like that, along with the plush chairs. Comfy.

I didn't see the menu this time, and just ordered what's recommended in the magazine I read sometime ago. For the both us, we each ordered the 8 different flavours xiao long baos - Ginseng, Garlic, Szechuan, Original, Crab Roe, Cheesy, Foie Gras and Black Truffle. Both of us loved the Black Truffle most, followed by Foie Gras. The Szechuan was abit too oily. Nevertheless, for $13.80 it was a steal to try the signatures. In fact, if it was your first time like us, I found it fun to not look at the menu and try to match the colours to flavour.

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com (bad photo quality as I used my phone.)
For the La Mian, I ordered the La Mian with Sliced Pork in Signature Pork Bone Soup. I loved it. I am a pig to finish both my orders but hey. The soup was thick and fragrant. The noodles soft and tender, better than the Crystal Jade ones I love too. The egg was done to perfection with a soft molten yolk. I like vinegar so I added a bit to my noodles. Yummy. Marsha liked the soup too, and preferred it to her beef noodles (I can't remember which one though). She said she would have liked her beef noodles in my broth rather than her broth. Nice, especially I found out my big bowl of noodles cost me only $9.80. Marsha's $10.80

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
All in all, a satisfying lunch with good service and reasonable prices. I like the quaintness of watching the tea guy refill my tea with his long spout teapot. It never fails to make me laugh. They even let us sit around and chat for quite awhile after clearing the table. Relaxing with a good friend, catching up is always nice. I'm sure it's going to be my new favourite haunt for my xiaolongbao lamian craving now. There's just no doubt about it. So go try it when you have the time, and let me know how it went! =)

Till my next food find, Mayy xo

1 comment:

  1. I'm going there this friday :)
    XLBs, here I come!

    ReplyDelete