Wednesday, January 5, 2011

M's Food Find #2

Well, what's new? I'm on summer vacation and back at home. All I want to do is to enjoy the comforts of home and pig out. So the other day when Dad had to go out for the night, Mum, sis and I decided to head to the new megamall in Serangoon, NEX. I've never been and that night was buzzing with people. The crowd spinned my head terribly and I wasn't in much of a mood. Had Din Tai Fung for dinner: fried rice with pork chop, xiao long bao and golden friend prawn cake. All very tasty and crispy where it's supposed to be, soft where it's supposed to be.

Since we were all so bloated, we decided on dessert later. Besides at the bus stop, i smelt this guy's durian pancake. Yummy. I really wanted durian I guess. It's one of my favourite indulgences. Found the origin of that smell: Four Season Durians just outside the mega big NTUC Fairprice.

I surely remembered this one well. My aunt had bought me its durian pancakes before and I loved it. Full of real durian creamy goodness, its pancake was soft and complemented the durian filling well. The line at NEX was so long and unmoving. I gave up in the queue and bought durian tarts instead. Looked like pineapple tarts but so much more expensive at $4.20 for 6 tiny round balls.


Photo credits: http://www.fourseasonsdurians.com/
I popped one into my mouth immediately after purchase and found myself unable to speak. For the durian tart filled my mouth, the pastry melting and crumbling nicely and the filling so fragrant of durian. I proclaimed it to be (after I managed to swallow everything) so good, even better than pineapple tarts. I really would have liked to bring it back with me to Perth but the price is too high. It was like my popcorn. I couldn't stop.

So for those of you who love durians as much as I do or less whatever, find your nearest shop and go try one of their products. Any! I'm sure they are bound to satisfy a durian craving if you cant get the real fruit. ;)

Till my next food find, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment