Monday, January 3, 2011

M's Food Find #1

It's the first Monday of the new year. I accomplished quite a bit! Submitted my passport application (I think for once, I'm going to have a good photo!), bought quite alot off my list at Daiso & Japan House, and packed/cleaned my 2 display cabinets in my room. All the Barbie dolls, little momentos and toys. Alot of work goes into maintaining them every year.

Anyway, after submitting passport application, Mum decided she was really hungry and wanted lunch. So instead of going to Plaza Sing immediately, I followed her to a pretty nearby coffeeshop in Lavender for Bak Chor Mee (minced meat noodles). Mum said it was really good. Indeed, Mum's hardly wrong. She told me it's her favourite noodles around, and authentic enough. For Teochew style. I totally should get into the habit of taking a photo of it eh? We shared a pretty large bowl ($6).

The noodles reminded me of my childhood where noodles were handmade. Soft, springy and full of flavour. Nowadays, many stalls use machine made ones which are tough and plastic tasting (much like Hong Kong wanton noodles which I am so NOT a fan of). We ordered the dry version and it came with a bowl of steaming soup. The soup was so good I can hardly stop myself. I can taste all the flavours of the noodles, the meat and feel the time taken in preparing that. Yummy. I would totally go back for it everytime I am back in Singapore. Like Mummy, it's my favourite mee place for now: Hill Street Tai Hua Pork Noodle. It's at Crawford Centre in Lavender. Roughly 3-5 minutes walk from the MRT station. Wish I could show you guys a photo but they all turned out pointless since I used my phone.

Till my next food find, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment