Monday, December 6, 2010

Today, Mayy...

Today, Mayy had to head down to uni for 2 meetings. The other committee member for my first meeting turned up wearing this pretty gorgeous but rather ostentatious Chanel belt her mummy gave her for christmas last year. Sighs...how lucky can a girl get! While I come from a family where we are able to live quite comfortably, I sometimes still yearn for more. Yet I know, in the grand scheme of things, I am very very blessed already. It sure doesn't help I seemed to meet all these people who sure can afford a lot more things than I am. Alright, now I am sounding like some materialistic brat. I have to constantly remind myself to take a step back and be grateful for everything I have. Anyway, no photo of the belt today. Shall attempt to describe: Classic Chanel chain belt, black and gold, with a big CC logo dangling in the front and linked words C-H-A-N-E-L in gold at the back of the chain belt.

I don't know if it stems from envy, narrow-mindedness or what, I sometimes feel that there is something quite not right for girls so young to grow accustomed to all these material goodness and flaunting what they have got. I admit I love fashion and I follow couture every season. I am not the most knowledgeable person around but I know enough to label it a slight obsession. I am grateful for my father who spoils me at times. Yet I SOMETIMES wish I was a naive innocent one, then perhaps I will be ignorant to all these and not want more. Like people who live in the Australian outbacks, so contented with the life they know. What do you guys think? Prefer to be ignorant or too exposed to what the world has to offer?

I must admit it is difficult with constant media attention on the weight issue and 'celebrities' who are in the news so often for no reason except they are rich. It does get a girl down on horrid days. I am struggling to come to terms with loving my body and I really am beginning to view the importance of being healthy versus skinny. I bought WHO magazine for the first time and my friend S was flipping through it remarking this actress look fat now and looked better in her before picture. BUT you know, the 'fat' photo was actually the actress overcoming her anorexia and is now very healthy looking. And the before photo was her battling anorexia!!! Omg. I chided S who's obsessed with her weight. She is tiny as it is and I do wish for her to see what we all see her as.

Till the peanut butters, Mayy xoxo

P.S. follow me on twitter! twitter.com/mayyb

No comments:

Post a Comment